The historic Loggerhead Inn and Suites warmly welcomes all guests. Undergoing a complete renovation in January, 2021, significant attention has been made so that all guests can enjoy the first family-owned motor inn to serve visitors to Topsail. We offer three units that are handicap accessible described in detail below.
Barriers of Accessibility
- No elevator
- Numerous steps to second story units
- Units 1-6 have small walk in showers with narrow entrances
- Loose gravel parking lot creates difficulty for wheelchairs even though we do have ramp access
Although we are working toward full ADA compliance, currently we offer the following accessible features and accommodation for those with limited disabilities:
- Parking: We offer two designated handicap parking spots located on either side of the wheelchair access ramp.
- Accessible Units: Although not yet fully ADA compliant, Double Queen Suite ADA Friendly (Rooms 8 & 16) and Single Queen Room ADA Friendly (Room 21) feature wider doorways and hallways, grab bars in the shower and toilet area, a hand held shower head and roll under vanity. A shower chair is available upon request.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at 910-541-4020 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit Loggerhead Inn and Suites can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- We ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals without disabilities.
- We have identified and described the features in our hotel and guest rooms in detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine whether our Inn meets their needs.
- We guarantee that rooms, once reserved, are held for the reserving customer. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to make all rooms available through at least some of these services and they must provide these third-party services with information concerning the features of the hotel and rooms.
- Guests with legitimate service animals as defined in the ADA will be provided access to all areas of the property afforded to those without service animals.
Loggerhead Inn and Suites is committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at email@example.com or call at 910-541-4020 anytime with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.